What is an ideal balanced diet?
The rule of an ideal balanced diet appears simple but that’s not the entire story. It involves what is the best time to consume proteins or carbs, how much to eat, what to eat to get the right nutrients, etc. A balanced diet should contribute around 10-12% of total calories from proteins, 60-70% from carbohydrates, and 20-25% from fat.
What is a balanced diet?
When it comes to your diet, and your thought begins with ‘eat less’ instead of ‘eat right’, then you’re not the only one. Many times we feel overwhelmed with various controversial diet and nutrition options, however, staying famished is not the solution, striking a balance is. It is absolutely important to include the right amount and type of food to maintain a healthy lifestyle. An ideal balanced diet is a diet that consists of various kinds of food in certain required quantities and proportions which will suffice your proteins, minerals, vitamins, and calories requirement. Each of them got a different role to play in supporting various body functions. A balanced diet also ought to provide bioactive phytochemicals like dietary fiber, nutraceuticals, and antioxidants that have beneficial health advantages.
Major nutrients your body requires are gained from a combination of these food groups - cereals and pulses, meat and dairy products, vegetables and fruits, oils, and fats.
Health benefits of healthy eating
- Food is the linchpin of various cultural and social events. Keeping aside the nutrition properties, it assists in facilitating connections between individuals.
- Healthy eating meets your nutritional needs. An ideal balanced diet helps you gain the nutrients which will help you keep away from nutritional deficiencies.
- Following a special diet that suits your body can lower the symptoms and help you efficiently manage a weakening condition or an illness. When you have been maintaining a proper diet it will give your body adequate nutrients and the power to fight diseases.
- Eating healthy boosts energy levels, strengthens your immune systems, improves your bodily functions, and averts weight gain.
- A healthy diet assists you to feel higher and provide you with more energy and also helps you overcome stress issues.
- Prevent and treat various diseases. Healthy eating can lower the chances of developing certain diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart diseases. Additionally, it also helps in treating blood pressure and diabetes.
- One of the major benefits of healthful eating is it makes you feel energetic and helps you keep on your toes whenever needed. It also helps you manage weight.
Basic guidelines for healthful eating
- Healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated. Master simple methods to prepare food. Prepare easy means. Eat more raw foods such as fruits, salads, vegetable juices. To continue eating raw food, prioritize the pleasure of eating healthy instead of calories.
- It is necessary to discontinue overeating and to stop when you feel full. This helps to maintain your body weight to an extent.
- Another important rule of healthy eating is not skipping any meal. People generally believe that skipping meals will lead to weight loss and this is a pure myth. Skipping meals lowers the metabolic rate of your body.
- Breakfast is the most supreme meal of the day. Never skip breakfast.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Keep a bottle or a jug of water near you whilst you are binge watching Netflix, studying, working, etc.
- Don’t stick to one food item. Inculcate a variety of foods on your menu. Different food items give you different nutrients. No single food can give you all the nutrients.
- Eat five portions of vegetables and fruits every day.
- Try and see what works for you. Only eat things you enjoy the taste of. Don’t try too hard and force yourself to eat things just because they are beneficial to your body. If you do so, you will not be able to continue this kind of healthy eating in the long run.
- Restrain the number of times you eat out to once a week. Limit your cheat days. Carry tiffins wherever you go.
- Limit the consumption of stimulants such as alcohol, refined sugar, and caffeine.
- Pull out all visible fat from food before cooking it. Take off the skin of the chicken. Snip the white fat off any meat.
- Keep a supply of healthy snacks handy. This will keep you from unhealthy snacking when you are mad and hungry.
How does Fitco support healthy eating?
We know you’ve been trying hard to stick to maintaining an ideal balanced diet to stay healthy but somehow you end up indulging in those unhealthy, savoury, and oily snacks. Worry not, Fitco’s yummy protein puffs are here to your rescue. Now you can easily replace your junk and chemical-loaded food with some delicious protein-based snacks. Fitco is India’s 1st 15g Protein based snack and aims at keeping people fit through healthy snacking. The majority population consumes a vegetarian diet, which is great but lacks protein. Fitco’s blend of protein puffs is 100% vegetarian and is derived from plants and milk to provide consumers with all Essential Amino Acids. Fitco Foods are a fresh entrant in the consumer food space that intends to unravel the unhealthy secrets of your tasty junk food and replace them with nutritiously delicious snacks. Check out all our tasty flavours.