Easy recipes to make protein-based snacks at home
All the meals such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner are cool, but who doesn’t love a good snack? And what we eat for snacks in between meals, matters the most. If you want to stick to healthy snacking, high protein-based snacks can be a great friend of yours. Protein usually takes longer to get digested, hence, it keeps you full for longer and prevents you from being hungry again. Protein contains amino acids that take a while to break down and utilize, which is why protein-based snacks keep you satisfied for longer. Protein can also work in preventing energy dips by providing a stream of energy that is more stable than sugar. It is also recommended that eating protein throughout the day (not only in your main meal of the day) can keep your energy levels consistent and all your hunger pangs aside.
Best protein-based snacks you can quickly prepare at home
Here is a rounded-up list of a bunch of delicious protein-based snack recipes you can quickly prepare at home. After checking out this list you will surely know what to reach for next time you need something to munch on between meals that are not only healthy but also toothsome. A secret tip: It is always great to partner your high-protein snacks with a good source of fat or carbs too. Here are some quick recipes for yummy protein-based snacks:
- Edamame Avocado Hummus
Nothing toys like the first question 10 minutes before attending a party, “Do we have enough dip?” One bite of this creamy, dreamy dip is all you need to disperse your fears! All jokes aside, this edamame hummus recipe will be a hit appetizer even when you are just chilling by yourself. It is a tasty spread on sandwiches and veggie burgers, tastes flavoursome when mixed with rice or roasted vegetables, and dipped with crunchy pita chips.
- Edamame: You can use edamame instead of chickpeas for hummus. Edamame creates a similar delicious consistency adding tasteful flavour. Plus, they are way too good healthwise!
- Avocado: Majorly for creamy and flavourful hummus.
- Cilantro: Fresh Cilantro pairs perfectly with edamame flavours and avocados.
- Garlic: A must-have in any homemade hummus
- Lemon: Adds a beautiful brightness to the hummus.
- Olive Oil: The healthy liquid element of our dip that also adds up as healthy fats and rich flavour.
- Except for olive oil, puree all the ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and continue blending.
- Ready to DIG IN!
- Peanut Butter Mousse
This Peanut Butter Mousse recipe is finger-licking yet healthy with zero added sugar. Plus, it’s delicious yet dairy-free and vegan. It is high in protein and absolutely guilt-free! We know you won’t believe it if we told you that this peanut butter mousse is good for you, well you should because it’s all-natural and low in carbs, high in fiber, and high in protein. We promise it won’t taste like steamed broccoli or anything like that.
- Organic extra firm tofu
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Liquid Stevia extract
- Peanut flour
- Salted peanuts
- Dark chocolate chips
- Rinse and drain the tofu. Cut it into four pieces and remove the liquid as much as possible.
- Blend all the ingredients.
- Serve in a bowl. Top the mousse with chopped, salted peanuts and dark chocolate
- Frozen Yogurt Cherries
We know dipping cherries in yogurt might seem a bit fussy, but they are so yummy to eat. These sweet and creamy treats of frozen yogurt cherries are loaded with protein. Don’t worry if you don’t have fresh cherries on hand, frozen will work just as well.
- 2 percent-fat Greek yogurt
- Line a shallow, freezer-safe container with parchment paper.
- Stir yogurt and honey together.
- Dip cherries in the yogurt mixture.
- Place in the parchment-lined container.
- Sprinkle pistachios.
- Cover and freeze until yogurt is set.
What’s the best alternative to cooking a protein based snack at home?
When you don’t have the time to prepare protein-based snacks at home, then the best alternative is Fitco Foods Protein Puffs. Now you can easily replace your junk and chemical-loaded food with some delicious protein-based snacks. Fitco is India’s 1st 15g Protein based snack that aims at keeping people fit through healthy snacking. The majority population of India consumes a vegetarian diet, which is great but lacks protein. Fitco’s blend of protein puffs is 100% vegetarian and is derived from plants and milk to provide consumers with all Essential Amino Acids. Fitco aspires to unravel the unhealthy secrets of your tasty junk snacks and replace them with nutritiously delicious snacks.